upandaway
shoutshoutshout
youyouyou
adrian amanda&victor amelia amy,emily,jane,jenny,kerry&monica bonita,linly,shelley&tina christine crystal dom georgia gina janema jeff jeff&max jessli laurajane&vaish leanne&sharon lena linly,ray&sun max max,richard&samuel michelle&rong richard royce sandra shelley snowine suraj&tom tiff yun LADBABY♥

againagainagain



mademademade
Designer/
Original: hasta mañana
Edited: Bonnie Chang
Image/
Original: Superman in flight - JPRart
Edited: Bonnie Chang

V.5
Sunday, June 12
0330 posted by Bon
A judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one weekday in the following week but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day.
Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that the "surprise hanging" can't be on Friday, as if he hasn't been hanged by Thursday, there is only one day left - and so it won't be a surprise if he's hanged on Friday. Since the judge's sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday.
He then reasons that the surprise hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because Friday has already been eliminated and if he hasn't been hanged by Wednesday night, the hanging must occur on Thursday, making a Thursday hanging not a surprise either. By similar reasoning he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all.
The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner's door at noon on Wednesday — which, despite all the above, was an utter surprise to him. Everything the judge said came true.
 Two people, equally rich, meet to compare the contents of their wallets. Each is ignorant of the contents of the two wallets. The game is as follows: whoever has the least money receives the contents of the wallet of the other (in the case where the amounts are equal, nothing happens). One of the two men can reason: "Suppose that I have the amount A in my wallet. That's the maximum that I could lose. If I win (probability 0.5), the amount that I'll have in my possession at the end of the game will be more than 2A. Therefore the game is favourable to me." The other man can reason in exactly the same way. In fact, by symmetry, the game is fair. Where is the mistake in the reasoning of each man?


Yay paradoxes :D. They are awesome it's awfully fun to wrap my head around them haha.

Like that one, I understand why it can't work but the idea is pretty cool.

Anyway, went to cousins' for dinner last night, and we got to the topic of superpowers and time-traveling [one of my favourite topics to ponder 8D]. So if time traveling were to exist, what would it entail? Do you age while traveling? As in, let's say I were to leave this point in time to some other point in time for, let's say, 10 years. And then I decide to come back to this point in time. Would I suddenly be 10 years older, and everyone says to me "Woah what happened to you?" Because that would be crappy time travel, since I'm just cutting down my real life. OR, would the 'Wardrobe to Narnia' concept occur, in which I would emerge from the wardrobe exactly as I had left it, the same age and everything. Wait I forget whether or not the children remember what happened, let me consult my book. What. The hell. So they did remember about Narnia, which they pretty much grew up in after becoming Kings and Queens. So that means their minds should be matured then, since they remember. But because their bodies are not, they are wise for their years? Hawhaw. Anyway, this was the point of view my littler cousin supported, but I was already stoning and thinking of something else before the topic changed and I couldn't retort with - "What if the children died in Narnia?". Well not in those words because we weren't talking about Narnia, but that idea. Have I discussed this before? I'm certain I have in real life in an intelligent conversation with Linly, but not sure if I continued the intelligent conversation on a blog? Oh wells anyway, while the children are in Narnia, technically time has stopped in their real time for them to be able to go back to that exact moment of time when exiting the wardrobe right? And that means time in their real time can only move forward if the children return to it? So if the children die in Narnia, that would technically mean TIME IS FROZEN FOREVARHSSSS? AND HOW ABOUT THIS: So all 4 children are in Narnia, but only, let's say... Lucy leaves the wardrobe. Does time continue and Lucy ages, even though the other three are still in the wardrobe? And then in 10 years Peter emerges as a child, but finds Lucy, HIS YOUNGER SISTER, all grown up? Woahhh trippy. Okay backtracking a bit now. If the children didn't remember what happened in Narnia, that would be the worst type of time traveling. There would be absolutely no point to it. I have another point to make but I'll save it for another discussion. But I think this makes time travel pretty impossible and paradoxical.

So today I was in a mood to stalk Lee Minho to celebrate my starting CITY HUNTER :D:D Yay.
Omo omo Nyehehe :D :D
9:13 PM