upandaway
V.5
Thursday, November 25
Numbing it
posted by Bon
Everyone should know that I am a public transport n00bzorr. Lol. But yeah, because I kinda live in an area where the buses and trains kinda suck [or maybe I am just extrafantasicabully n0000000b], and my mother is half willing to drive me places, I have grown up without learning how to properly utilise the public transport system. In my brain, I imagine a journey as a painting, with trains being the big thick brushstrokes to first get the shape, and then the buses as the thinner, more defining brushstrokes. I think of trains as a means to get closer to the destination. Like, your destination is between two stations, so you would catch a train to either of those two stations. Then, you would catch a bus to a stop even closer to the destination. Then you would walk, the finishing touches of the painting where it is pretty much done, and you're just adding small miniscule unnoticable details. I'm scared of buses, because the chance of making a mistake is so much higher, and will alter the painting. If a mistake is made on a train, it is so much bigger, except it can be easily fixed with another big brushstroke to erase the error. BUT WHAT'S THIS, apparently a painting can be painted using only a thin brush? RIDICUROUS. You'd think it would be more difficult and confusing, but come to think of it, the thin brush has more of a variety of techniques, and can fit the tight small spaces. Instead of taking a bus to Beecroft then changing at another station to get to the city, there's a bus from the stop 5 mins walk from my house straight to Town Hall. Next time I paint, I think I might just use the thin brush and see what happens.
A peek into my mind. Hurhur.Labels: bus, train
7:36 PM