Saturday, June 26
John Galliano, Dior, Louis Vuitton
posted by Bon
We were eating lunch, and I picked up the chili that my dad was eating and pretended to eat it. Which was weird to my family because I don't usually eat chili stuff. So my brother goes "I'll pay you to eat that" And stuff goes down, and in the end, I got challenged by my bro to bite two of the seeds and swallow it, for two bucks. And he even said "Even I wouldn't do that." And I'm like, "Nah make it 5" but bro refuses, so mum chimes in and goes "I'll pay the extra 3 bucks." So I'm like, alright, easy money. So I did it. And although it kinda killed, I felt really good and proud of my [miniscule] achievement, and I have now resolved to do stuff like that more often.
Oh and after I did it, my dad was like, "Good on you, I'll match the 3 bucks that your mother is giving you." And that's how I made 6 bucks today. Only 6 because I for some reason owe my bro and he so generously took the 2 buck out of my debt. Haha.
My bro and I ate dinner ourselves this evening, while we watched a Rolls Royce Phantom get made. On TV. FARK IT'S SO HOT. Actually, no when I first saw the car I kinda thought "Nah, not that hot" but watching it get HANDMADE in 3 HUGE FACTORIES across 2 COUNTRIES was like shiiiiiiiit I want one. Seriously, entirely handmade, the only job done by a robot was the painting and only because it needed an even coat of paint. And you could literally choose any colour, if you were rich enough. The hood ... ornament thingo? is retractable and goes back into the the car on collision. AND THERE'S SO MUCH MORE COOL AWESOME INSANE STUFF THAT GOES ONE to build a Rolls Royce.
BUT THAT'S NOT EVEN IT. At the end of the whole production, when the car [NOT JUST A CAR, A ROLLS ROYCE] is actually finished, it's not actually finished, because THERE IS ONE MORE THING TO MARK IT A TRUE ROLLS ROYCE, which is the pinstripe down the shoulder, hand painted on. Apparently there is only one man person that can do this job. Imagine the $$$ he's making just by painting one line down a car *-*. Then again, apparently it takes a couple of hours to paint that stripe. But damn I want that job.
... what happens if that guys dies? Will production stop for a few weeks, when Rolls Royce has to find a new guy to pain the stripe, and then train him up to be the dude to paint the stripe?
..Not thaaaat hot, but the process.... 8)* Kinda like a not that hot guy, but the personality just totally makes up for it and plus.
I wish I had megabucks and could own hot cars.Labels: bro, cars, chili, dad, mum, Rolls Royce
10:45 PM